How to Sell an EIFS Home
Exterior stucco has been known to influence the aesthetics and value of all types of properties in a positive way. If you are getting ready to sell your home or looking for a way to improve your commercial building’s curb appeal, stucco is a sound investment. A popular finish that stands the test of time, it is a trendy and durable way to dress up your home or business premises.
Although many people use the words stucco and exterior EIFS (Exterior Insulation and Finish System) interchangeably, they are not the same thing. EIFS is a new and improved residential and commercial building cladding system with enhanced water resistance and insulation capabilities. Our experts explain the benefits of exterior IFS for homes and commercial buildings, and how you can use these advantages to attract buyers.
- Energy efficiency: A Better Buildings Federal (US) Awards Program revealed that an EIFS clad building helped reduce energy use by nearly 45% in a 12-month period. Although this statistic is for the US market, it is relevant for Canadian buildings as well. Consisting of cement, lime, and silica that is applied in several layers over wood or metal lath, exterior stucco has proven to improve the energy efficiency of homes and buildings significantly.
- Quieter interiors: The multiple layers also act as a sound damper, providing quieter, cozy interiors. This is especially beneficial for properties in busy neighbourhoods or close to highways and roads with high volumes of traffic.
- Moisture and fire resistance: Enhanced moisture control and fire resistant features provide peace of mind to property owners and managers. A one-inch layer of stucco could effectively add a one-hour fire rating to a wall.
- Long lasting and easy to maintain: Depending on your local climate and maintenance efforts, stucco can last for 50 years or more. Superior resistance to cracking, fading, chalking, yellowing, dirt, insects, mould and mildew reduces wear and maintenance efforts. Stucco buildings hardly need painting and can be easily cleaned by just hosing them down. With low maintenance requirements and longevity, exterior stucco installation pays for itself in a short span of time.
- Design flexibility: The versatility of stucco allows you to customize the colour and finish to suit your design preferences. Smooth, rough, complex patterns, stones for a decorative look, and more—you can choose your style. This affordable cladding system can be added to virtually any building material including brick, wood and stone.
Looking for reliable commercial and residential stucco services in Toronto? At Zero Defects, we aim to enhance curb appeal as well as the strength and function of your building envelope. Our vast experience ensures the successful completion of even the most complicated projects on time and within budget. Whether you need a new installation or a building retrofit, you can count on our detailed workmanship and exceptional customer service. Being well-versed in building envelope engineering, we can provide valuable advice on upgrades and restoration that will protect your investment.
If you are looking for a durable exterior finish that looks great, requires minimal maintenance and offers superior resistance to the elements, contact the exterior stucco experts in Toronto. A unique Zero Defects 10 Year Guarantee™ on our stucco and EIFS installations demonstrates the confidence we have in our finished product.
Get in touch with the team at Zero Defects today to schedule your no-obligation consultation or book an exterior stucco project with us. Contact us to learn more or to request a free estimate.